Pupil Premium at Hopton CEVC Primary School
The pupil premium is an allocation of funding provided to schools to support children who may be vulnerable to underachievement. The amount received is dependent on the number of children who are eligible and have claimed for free school meals at any time in the last six years, have a parent in the military or are adopted. All schools are required to report on the amount of funding and how this is being used. We do not publicly detail our numbers of pupils in each category as due to our small size these children would be able to be identified.
- We organise teaching and learning at Hopton in order to meet the needs of all children in the best way.
- We ensure that appropriate provision is made for children who belong to vulnerable groups and that socially disadvantaged children have their needs adequately assessed and met.
- We recognise that not all children who receive free school meals will be socially disadvantaged and we also recognise that not all children who are disadvantaged have free school meals. We allocate Pupil Premium funding to support any child that the school has identified as socially disadvantaged and who are at the risk of underachieving.
Click on the link below to read our strategy for use of pupil premium funding received April 2018
Total grant received: £ 16,000
- 2017 Y1 phonics pass rate 83%. Pupil Premium children pass rate 75%
- 2017 Y2 phonics re-check pass rate 100%. Pupil Premium children pass rate N/A
- 2017 KS1 100% expected or above in reading, writing and maths.
- 2017 EYFS 86% Good Level of Development.
- 2017 KS2 69% of children expected or above in writing, grammar, punctuation and spelling, 85% in maths and 77% in reading. 1 out of 2 Pupil Premium children achieved expected in maths, reading and writing equating to 50%.
Total grant received: £25,520
- 2016 Y1 phonics pass rate 91%. Pupil Premium children pass rate 100%
- 2016 Y2 phonics re-check pass rate 100%. Pupil Premium children pass rate 100%
- 2016 KS1 91% expected or above in reading and writing, 82% in writing. 45% greater depth in reading, 18% in writing, 18% in maths. The one pupil premium child was emerging in all areas.
- 2016 EYFS 67% Good Level of Development.
- 2016 KS2 63% of children expected or above in writing, grammar, punctuation and spelling, 50% in maths and reading. 1 out of 4 Pupil Premium children achieved expected in maths, reading and writing.